I work with a small non-profit and spent hours online deliberately selecting items for projects and charitable gifting for our clients.But within minutes of placing the order online, an email was sent explaining that 12 of the 35 items were cancelled.

Well, clearly if I knew that before purchasing, I wouldn't be stuck with incomplete project materials. I sent an email complaining, and the Michaels representatives have their canned responses but aren't helpful at all. But of course they aren't. How can someone explain why the backend system is so bad that it can't identify when there is out of stock inventory?

Guess what! They suggested I go physically to the store. Well, isn't the point of purchasing online so you don't have to go to the store? Subsequently, when I checked online the next day, the overall purchase status stated "Canceled".

So I sent another email asking if the entire order was canceled. Within a few hours, I got an email that my order was shipped and conveniently the status has changed so there is no proof that it ever showed Canceled. To add injury to insult, the Michaels representative actually replied that my experience was the exception. Really?

I found on Consumer Reports other complaints about bad online experiences of orders being canceled. Don't you think a large company should have an inventory system in place prior to offering online? In addition to the fact that the items are probably available in store. So in summary, (1) I'm stuck with materials that don't complete the projects, and (2) I have to go to the store anyways so why in the world would I ever shop their online store?

Don't bother trying michaels.com ...you are likely to have a horrible experience.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of online order from Michaels. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $100 and wants Michaels to "close your online store".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Michaels for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Michaels?

Comments