3.6
Layout of Store

I go to Michaels at least 2 times a week because I need art supplies and the store is very close.But every time I go they ask me for my Email address which is a real pain.

Please, please stop asking. I hate to say no to the clerk because I know it's their job. So Michaels please see if you can take care of the problem. Or I'm afraid you will have many angry and upset customers.

Get with it. And that's all I have to say, except I need 100 hundred words.

So please get you employees to stop asking us for our email.Enough already, Thanks.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Michaels. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Michaels.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shopping category for more informed decision or compare Michaels to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Michaels?

Comments

Riverside, California, United States #1215370

They will stop asking if you just join rewards program. Plus you will get great coupons

Orland Park, Illinois, United States #1181211

In order to avoid being fired or written up, we need to constantly ask for emails. It's not our fault, it's the companies policy.

to Anonymous #1289607

The OP acknowledged that in their complaint already!

We have to ask every customer they keep track of our email collections.They will right you up if you don't reach the email collection percentage.

Your hurting the cashier when you don't give your email.And do you think we like hassling people for their email addresses.

As a Michael's employee I can assure that we hate asking as much as you hate being asked, were required to ask and the screen pops up so we have to ask. We're also calculated on email percentage and required to get a certain amount per week. On the bright side though, if you give it it'll pay attention to the types of items you buy, so let's say you make a lot of jewelry or bake, then you can receive exclusive coupons targeted to your purchases.

So do you just expect them to automatically know if you've given your email address every single time?

Emails send out the best coupons online so it's the #1 way Michaels brings in customers and notifies them about sales.

I think you need to realize that this is how sales and advertising works nowadays.

to Anonymous Cleveland, Ohio, United States #1289556

Except it's not because Michael's is literally the only store that asks for my email address upon checking out. Most stores that want to impose useless coupons on their customers have reward card schemes that avoid this entire issue.

to Cat #1289608

They do have a rewards card scheme.... I have "fake" email address I use for scenarios such as what you described. I use it when I don't want any junk going to my real email address.