Like a total peice of crap. I go to this store at least 2 times a week. Never have I been treated like this.

I walked in at 640, totally not even realizing they closed at 7 to be honest. I was just browsing trying to grab a few things. Kimmi, was so aggressive with asking if I needed help she asked me 4 times in 3 minutes. Feeling uncomfortable I asked if they were closing, she said yes in 4 min. I apologized because I sincerely thought they closed at 8.

I rushed and me and a few other customers felt so weird. We all discussed in the line because they only had one register open. First they should announce over the speaker, second they should never make someone feel so uncomfortable. They should have casually announced. Not aggressively acted like they wanted to help.

I most likely will do a full refund tomorrow, I spent 80$ I was out of the door by 709pm

So disappointed

Product or Service Mentioned: Michaels Customer Care.

Comments

The reason announcing over the PA system that the store is closing isn’t done at michaels stores is solely because of customer complaints saying that the announcement made them feel rushed. Instead the company has instructed employees to approach every customer personally within 15 min of closing time that the store is about to close.

I agree that the solution to the announcement is even more rude and people left singled out individually by employees for being there close to closing. Not only does this force employees to feel as tho they are being rude because the company doesn’t allow announcements but causes customers to feel as though they are being inconvenient.

Trust me the employees done enjoy having to address every paying customer that they have 10 minutes left to shop but corporate gives no other solution. Employee opinions or concerns aren’t heard EVER and corporate only listens to customers so if there is change wanted enough customers need to complain they would rather closing announcements over employees informing them they have to hurry cuz it’s beyond anyone’s control.

It's up to you to find out when a store closes and yes stores do announce on the PA system when they are closing. Also, I've been told that the cash registers are only open so long after the store's closing times so if you don't hurry and get in line you won't be able to buy your items once the registers close down and there is nothing the cashiers can do about that!