Ordered a Christmas tree online. I only needed a cheap one for my small college apartment so I ordered a 4ft pre-lit tree on sale for $20.

What shows up to my door is a 7.5 unlit tree. How does that even happen? Sounds like whoever is packaging needs to be fired. When I saw it I figured that it was just in the wrong box so I didn't even realize until I went to set it up.

Customer service chat was very unhelpful, said that this happened to a lot of people so they need to "escalate" the issue and someone will call me. Has been a week since then, and no call. Got an email yesterday saying I can send back wrong tree for a refund. Great.

So now they want me to ship back this huge box and not even have the tree I paid for?

It's the holidays and I wanted to put this up a while ago, hence why I ordered so far in advance. Honestly the worst customer service I have ever received, which you would not expect from a big retailer like Michaels.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Michaels Cons: Lack of customer service.

Comments